Joliet Alcohol and Drug Rehab Is the Best Choice for Lasting Recovery
Symptoms of Alcohol Addiction
While it is not easy to identify alcohol abuse since it is a legal substance, there are some symptoms of alcohol addiction which include:
- black out and forgetfulness
- feeling unconscious
- loss of weight and upset stomach
- slurred speech and dizziness
Some other symptoms include withdrawal from friends and a healthy life, and losing focus in life. Alcohol abuse destroys a person in their thinking ability and causes either insomnia or too much sleep.
There is a very thin line between social drinking and problem drinking, but professional help should be sought when alcohol starts causing problems in your daily life.
Finding Alcoholism Treatment
The type and length of stay in an alcoholism treatment program ultimately depends upon the severity of your alcoholism and your resources. Generally speaking, most patients will require completion of a medically monitored alcohol detox program before they can advance to an alcoholism treatment program.
When choosing an inpatient alcoholism treatment program, you would be wise to make sure the program includes:
- An alcohol detox program located within its own facility
- A medically-monitored alcohol detox program that includes 24-hour nursing
- A physician trained in addiction medicine (ASAM-certified)
- A comprehensive family component
- An intensive relapse prevention program
- A dual diagnosis treatment program if necessary
- A license by the state and accreditation through the JCAHO
Help is standing by 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
What To Expect:
- Professional Treatment that Works
- Privacy and Confidentiality
- Comfortable and Clean Facilities
- 12-Step Small Group Therapy
- Safe Medically Supervised Detox and Rehab
- A Complete Dual Diagnosis Rehab Facility