Joliet Alcohol and Drug Rehab Is the Best Choice for Lasting Recovery
Let us provide you with the help you need. Call now and don t wait!
Learn about the multistep program that we have in place for you. Alcoholism is a disease and we can treat it.
Joliet alcohol detox can help to remove the alcohol from your system and allow you to start thinking with a clear head again. Although it may not feel like it at the time, alcohol clouds your judgment and lets you do and think things that are unsafe for you and those around you.
Joliet alcohol treatment is comprised of multiple steps with the first being the detox. Detox should be supervised because withdrawal symptoms can be severe. Let our professional, medical staff assist you with Joliet alcohol detox so you can begin to obtain the right level of treatment.
While you are at the alcohol treatment center, you will learn:
- - Why you drink
- - About triggers and how to avoid them
- - How to cope with stress
- - To create a prevention plan for relapse
Is Alcoholism inherited?
Research shows that the risk for developing alcoholism does indeed run in families. The genes a person inherits partially explain this pattern, but lifestyle is also a factor. Currently, researchers are working to discover the actual genes that put people at risk for alcoholism. Your friends, the amount of stress in your life, and how readily available alcohol is also are factors that may increase your risk for alcoholism, alcohol dependence or alcohol addiction.
But remember: Risk is not destiny. Just because alcoholism or alcohol dependence tends to run in families doesn't mean that a child of an alcoholic parent will automatically become an alcoholic too. Some people develop alcoholism even though no one in their family has a drinking problem. By the same token, not all children of alcoholic families get into trouble with alcohol. Knowing you are at risk is important, though, because then you can take steps to protect yourself from developing problems with alcohol or alcohol abuse.
Break the Cycle of Addiction at a Joliet Rehab Facility
If your drinking has spiraled out of control, it's time to stop living in denial and get some help. The consequences of being an alcoholic are too grave to ignore. It can destroy your health and devastate your personal life. People who suffer from alcoholism are more likely to be unemployed, poverty stricken and divorced. The kind of damage excessive alcohol consumption does to the liver and heart can't be reversed. If you continue on this dangerous path, your next stop might be to the nearest graveyard.
If you aren't sure you have a drinking problem, here are some telltale signs.
- you lie to friends and family to hide your drinking
- your loved ones are concerned about how much you drink
- the only way you can unwind or feel better is with a drink
- you regularly drink more than intended
- you don't remember what you did when you were drinking
- you repeatedly neglect home and work responsibilities
- you feel ashamed about your drinking
- you want to stop drinking but you can't
Help is standing by 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
What To Expect:
- Professional Treatment that Works
- Privacy and Confidentiality
- Comfortable and Clean Facilities
- 12-Step Small Group Therapy
- Safe Medically Supervised Detox and Rehab
- A Complete Dual Diagnosis Rehab Facility